Microsoft lately introduced that it will be bringing Copilot to Home windows 10, providing its new AI assistant for customers on its older working system. Nevertheless, Copilot’s launch date remains to be but to be revealed. That, nevertheless, hasn’t stopped some customers from discovering a technique to get Copilot on Home windows 10 a little bit early.
Earlier than we dive into the specifics of how this works, it’s price noting that this specific process requires you to enroll in Home windows 10 Insider and make the most of unreleased variations of Home windows 10 which can be nonetheless being actively labored on. Which means chances are you’ll encounter some bugs on this model of Home windows 10 that Microsoft would usually repair earlier than full launch.
Moreover, to drag off this “hack” and get Copilot on Home windows 10, you’ll additionally want to make use of a third-party app to tweak the working system. As such, I don’t advocate following this technique if you’re uncomfortable messing round along with your working system’s settings.
- First, obtain and set up Home windows 10 construct 19045.3754 or newer. As of the writing of this text, construct 19045.3754 is simply obtainable in Microsoft’s Home windows 10 Launch Preview Channel. To put in this replace, you could be part of Home windows Insiders by way of your Home windows Replace settings.
- You’ll additionally wish to replace Microsoft Edge to the most recent model (or set up it for those who don’t have it put in).
- As soon as performed, you’ll additionally must obtain and extract the ViVeTool from Github. That is the way you’ll make the mandatory tweaks wanted to get Copilot on Home windows 10 earlier than its full-blown launch.
- With every part put in, open an Administrator-level Command Immediate and navigate to the folder the place you extracted the ViVeTool recordsdata. So, for those who extracted it to your C drive, you’d kind CD C:Vive to navigate there.
- Subsequent, kind in vivetool /allow /id:46686174,47530616,44755019. Press enter after which restart your pc.
- As soon as the pc has restarted, launch the Home windows Registry Editor after which discover the file ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsShellCopilotBingChat. Discover the IsUserEligible worth after which change it from 0 to 1. Don’t edit the rest within the registry editor, or you could possibly mess your pc up.
Now restart your pc, after which you need to be capable of choose the Present Copilot (preview) button possibility when right-clicking on the taskbar. Congratulations, you now have Copilot in Home windows 10.